Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Oh la la

I don't know why I'm all giddy over this, but I am: I just booked a room in an abbey for my first night in Carcassonne at the end of the month. For some reason, I find this super cool--I figure if I want an old-timey, medieval vibe in an old-timey, medieval town, then what better place to stay than an abbey that dates to the 13th century?

The accommodations are simple: a single bed ("ne pas de boys, PSK!"), linens, bathroom down the hall, that sort of thing. But I don't care. With breakfast included, I'm spending only 20 euros, which is insane, especially given that there's a hotel around the corner that charges a good 500 euros a night.

I only hope the place doesn't go up in flames the second I walk in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been to Carcassonne! It's a cool town. They filmed some of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves there. I hope you know your French, because no English tours are given (at least, not when I was there).

Amy said...

ok, this is a poor comparison, but: when i did my thing at the warhol, they put me up in an former nunnery. and it was cool! really!! therefore, your stay in the abbey will be even more cool! yes!!